Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Dating Game Danielle Steel


Paris Armstrong is very happy,as a woman and as a mother.She never expected her life to change drastically when her husband of 25years told her they needed to talk.He breaks the news to her:he wants a divorce.He is leaving her for someone younger,a younger version of her.Totally shocked,Paris has to pick up the pieces and continue to survive.She plunges back to the cruel and cutthroat world of dating and has to find a job.

The beginning of this novel is actually the nightmare of all women.What if he leaves me for someone younger than me?What if he no longer loves me?What if he is no longer happy with me?From the moment we commit ourselves to someone,we tend to think of all these scenarios,I know I do.How can we,women,cure ourselves of this illness?I humbly concede that I do not have the cure to this illness but still humbly I will propose the following suggestion.Learn to let go.Is it better to be with a man who does not love you than to be lonely??

On the positive side,we can see that in this novel Paris finally achieves lots of things:a fulfilling job,a faithful group of friends and a loving family.So if you have just been dumped by a totally ungrateful man,do not worry.Life is what you make it!!Just learn to let go and go with the flow.Try to be happy and survival is more important at this time.Be with people who matter to you and do not run after shadows or illusions.....

0 comments: