Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm back (2009)





Hello to all my reviewers,
I'm back in action.Recently,due to the rainy season or due to my loneliness,I feel the need to read romantic novels.The recent one I have read deals with loving and losing.This is a universal theme:who among us can claim to never having lost someone they love??We lose some of our loved ones due to their own shortcomings(incompatibility,treachery,cheating,lies,suspicions,impatience) and some leave us by a trick of fate.Death does not spare anyone.We have all lost our loved ones to the Angel of Death.
Back to my book review:the book is called ' The Way To Yesterday' by Sharon Sala.Mary Ellen O'Rouke has lost her husband,Daniel and her baby,Hope, six years ago.She has yet to get over their death.But with the help of a magic ring,she is able to go back in time and save her husband and kid.But she will have to face new challenges:like keeping her loved ones alive.

This novel has deeply touched as it made me realise that we should cherish our loved ones like there's no tomorrow.Losing someone we love is something too horrible.Some move on and become stronger but others just can not let go.I belong to the latter category.Moving on after one has lost his dear one is very hard and is the proof of a strong character and of the will to survive.

Who among us has never wanted to go back in time to save a person or a relationship??Lord knows that I have.To be able to stop oneself from uttering that decisive phrase.Or to be able to be with someone on his deathbed and to be able to make everything ok again.I still have not gotten over Sirius Black's death in The Order Of The Phoenix nor Prue's untimely death in Charmed.Who would not want to be in the shoes of Ned,the pie maker in Pushing Daisies?Being able to bring life back to a dead person is a goal which humanity has yet to attain.....

0 comments: